We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Farm Supervisor to oversee the daily operations and management of our farm. The Farm Supervisor will be responsible for coordinating and supervising farm activities, ensuring efficient production, and maintaining high-quality standards. This position requires excellent leadership skills, agricultural expertise, and a passion for sustainable farming practices.
- Farm Operations Management:
- Plan, organize, and oversee daily farm activities, including planting, cultivation, irrigation, and harvesting.
- Monitor and maintain farm equipment, machinery, and infrastructure to ensure proper functioning and safety standards.
- Develop and implement schedules, work plans, and production targets to optimize farm productivity and meet operational goals.
- Supervise and train farm workers, providing guidance, instructions, and performance feedback to ensure efficient and effective task execution.
- Crop Management:
- Monitor crop health, growth, and development, implementing pest and disease control measures as necessary.
- Determine optimal planting and harvesting times, considering weather conditions, market demands, and crop rotation practices.
- Implement and promote sustainable agricultural practices, such as soil conservation, water management, and organic farming techniques.
- Quality Control and Compliance:
- Ensure adherence to quality standards by conducting regular inspections of crops, produce, and farm processes.
- Implement and maintain proper record-keeping systems for farm activities, including crop yields, equipment usage, and pesticide applications.
- Ensure compliance with relevant health and safety regulations, environmental guidelines, and agricultural policies.
- Inventory and Supply Chain Management:
- Manage inventory levels of seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, and other agricultural supplies, coordinating with suppliers to ensure timely procurement.
- Collaborate with the farm manager or owner to develop budgets, monitor expenses, and optimize cost-efficiency.
- Coordinate with marketing or sales teams to forecast production volumes and plan for effective product distribution.
- Team Leadership and Communication:
- Foster a positive work environment by promoting teamwork, motivation, and open communication among farm workers.
- Provide guidance and support to employees, encouraging their professional development and continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with other farm supervisors or managers to share knowledge, best practices, and coordinate cross-functional activities.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, agribusiness, or a related field (preferred) OR equivalent work experience in farm management or supervisory roles.
- Proven experience in farming operations, with a deep understanding of crop cultivation, pest management, and agricultural techniques.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills to effectively manage a team and collaborate with various stakeholders.
- Knowledge of farm equipment and machinery operation, maintenance, and repair.
- Familiarity with quality control standards, regulatory requirements, and environmental sustainability practices in agriculture.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and decision-making skills in a fast-paced farm environment.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Proficient computer skills, including the use of farm management software and basic office applications.
Join our team as a Farm Supervisor and contribute to the growth and success of our sustainable farming operation. Apply your agricultural expertise, leadership skills, and passion for farming to make a meaningful impact on our farm’s productivity and environmental sustainability.
Company: Chamkaur Sidhu & Gurmeet Sidhu dba B &C Berry
- LocationAbbotsford, BC
- Salary 23.50 hourly / 40 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employmentFull time
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Other benefits
- vacancies1 vacancy
- SourceJob Bank #2493634
How to apply
1946 Bradner RdAbbotsford, BCV4X 1C3